Perfect with Nuclear Option - This amazingly spicy grilled shrimp marinade makes a great summertime recipe. Hugely flavorful combination of sweet & spicy. Get those grills fired up!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or you can use brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (try an extra pinch or two of ghost pepper powder for some great spiciness!)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more as desired - optional, for spicier marinade
- Salt and black pepper to taste 1/4 teaspoon each is usually good
- Nuclear Option, to taste
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- Whisk together the olive oil, honey, garlic, parsley, paprika, lime zest, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve a few tablespoons now if you'd like to use some as a finishing sauce.
- Place the shrimp in a large zip-lock bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag and refrigerate at least 15 to 20 minutes, or for 1 hour before cooking.
- When ready to cook, drain the marinade and discard it.
- Grill or sauté the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, or until pink and cooked through. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Squeeze on a bit of fresh lime juice to finish.
- Make sure to save some of the marinade to glaze the shrimp after cooking on the grill