Spicy Bean Burrito
Perfect with Nuclear Option - Quick and easy weeknight recipes with flavored black beans folded into a large tortilla with cilantro-lime rice, shredded cheese and sliced jalapenos.
- 1 can pinto beans
- 2 jalapeno peppers sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Nuclear Option, to taste
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice and zest from 1 small lime
- Salt to taste
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large burrito flour tortillas warmed
- For Serving - Hot sauce red pepper flakes
- Add the beans and Nuclear Option to a small pot and heat to medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes to warm. Mash the beans slightly with a fork.
- While the beans are warming, heat the oil to medium heat in a large pan. Add the jalapeno slices and cook for 5 minutes to slightly soften. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cooked rice, cilantro, lime juice and zest.
- To make the burritos, divide 1/4 of the warmed bean mixture, jalapeno slices, cilantro-lime rice and cheddar cheese between each tortilla. Fold the sides of tortillas into burritos.
- Heat the large pan back to medium high heat. Warm each folded burrito in the hot pan for 2-3 minutes per side, seam side down first, until lightly browned.
- This basic recipe is a great building block to change up based on your preferences. You can easily add other ingredients like spicy guacamole, salsa, lettuce, black olives, or whatever you want!