Perfect with Mean Green - a classic Mexican style breakfast; 'Rancher Eggs' is a must-try. Makes a great vegetarian meal that will be sure to fill you up and quickly become one of your breakfast staples.
- 2 x 400g (14oz) tins of black beans
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes
- 4 large eggs
- 4 soft corn tortillas
- 200 g block of feta
- Mean Green, to taste
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1 pinch each of salt and black pepper
- Get a saucepan over a high heat and drizzle in some olive oil.
- Open and drain the tins of black beans into a sieve, then tip the beans straight into the pan. Refill one of the tins a quarter full with water and add to the pan. Add the cumin, smoked paprika and a good amount of salt and black pepper. Chuck in the tomatoes and give everything a good stir. Leave to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have burst and the beans have broken down slightly.
- Halve and pit the avocados, scoop out the flesh and slice it. Cut one lime in half and the other into four wedges. Squeeze one lime half over the avocado slices and the other into the black beans.
- Put a large frying pan over a high heat. Drizzle in some oil and, once hot, crack in the eggs. Fry to your liking.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave following the packet instructions. Place one tortilla on each serving plate. Spoon over the tomatoey beans, then top each one with half a sliced avocado and a fried egg. Crumble over the feta and serve with the remaining lime wedges for squeezing over and some Mean Green.
- Can easily be topped with your favorite 13 Stars Hot Sauce