Perfect with Mean Green - a fresh and simple dip that can be thrown together in under 15 minutes! Makes a great addition to any picnic, potluck, or party, and is a great way to use up your summer produce.
Dressing / Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (or use red wine vinegar)
- 3 Tablespoons, Mean Green
- 1 lime (just the juice)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or use fresh minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch sugar to taste
- Salt, pepper, and chili flakes to taste
- 1 can black eyed peas drained and rinsed (15 ounces)
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed (15 ounces)
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn removed from husks
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Whisk the dressing/vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl until they thicken up.
- Add all of the cowboy caviar ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Stir in the dressing/vinaigrette. Make sure everything gets nice and evenly coated.
- Adjust for salt and pepper. Serve immediately with tortilla chips!
- If you want to kick the heat up a notch feel free to add one of our spicier hot sauces to the mix!
- This makes a great gluten free side dish; just be sure to include gluten free chips with it as well!