Instant Pot Korean Ground Beef
Perfect with Big Red One - This versatile sweet & spicy recipe can be served over rice, on lettuce wraps, rice noodles, or even a bun.
Makes 6 Servings.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1- inch ginger, grated or minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, to garnish
- 6 green onions, chopped, to garnish
- 13 Stars Big Red One, to garnish
- 2 cups long-grained rice, rinsed
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add ground beef to Instant Pot and turn on saute mode. Saute until it is just browned. Drain grease if necessary. If using 90% lean beef, draining might not be necessary.
- Add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and peppers.
- Insert a high trivet (the insert that comes with the 8 quarter instant pot can be made into a high trivet by inverting the handles). It works great to make pot in pot rice with this Korean Ground Beef recipe for the Instant Pot.
- Rinse rice and then add the rice, water and salt to a 6 or 7-inch pan, and then set the pan on top of the high trivet.
- Set the Instant Pot to sealing and select a high-pressure cooking time for 4 minutes.
- Do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then let out the remaining pressure.
- Remove the pan of rice and the trivet. You're ready to serve Instant Pot Korean Ground Beef recipe for dinner.
- The Big Red One, green onions, and sesame seeds are added as a garnish after cooking.
- This recipe can easily be translated to a slow cooker (minus the rice) with a 4-5 hour cook time on low. Just be sure to add extra liquids so it does not dry out!