Spicy Prosciutto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Perfect with Big Red One - Step up your grilled cheese game with this recipe. Impress your recipes and your taste-buds.
- 2 slices bread, white
- 1 tbsp salted butter, soft
- 1 tbsp Big Red One
- 4-8 slices fresh mozzarella
- 4-6 slices tomato
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- 2 slices prosciutto very thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix the butter with 13 Stars Big Red One
- Butter each slice of bread on one side, all the way to the edges then set aside.
- Place one slice of prosciutto onto your work surface, then place one slice of buttered bread on top - butter-side down.
- Top the bread with sliced mozzarella, then spread the basil pesto (2 tsp) roughly over the cheese.
- Top with sliced tomato and season with salt and pepper, then top with an additional layer of sliced mozzarella if using.
- Place the second slice of buttered bread on top, butter-side up.
- Place the second slice of prosciutto over the top of the sandwich, then fold the ends of prosciutto over each other to enclose.
- Heat a panini press, then grill the sandwich until the cheese has melted and the prosciutto is crisp.
- Top with more Big Red One as desired
- If you don't own a panini press a heated smaller pan onto the top of the sandwich
- Feel free to stack up the mozzarella and add an extra layer
- Homemade pesto makes this recipe better so if you have a good one share it with us!