Perfect with Big Red One - With nearly limitless possibilities the quiche remains a breakfast staple that you can make ahead for the week.
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie crust
Any one of the following combinations:
- Cooked spinach, cheddar cheese, cubed cooked ham or mushrooms
- Bacon, Sauteed leeks, and Gruyere cheese
- Cooked spinach, canned artichoke hearts, and Parmesan cheese
- Roasted chicken, goat cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes
- Blanched asparagus and smoked salmon
- Port Salut and Spam
- . In a nonreactive, stainless steel bowl, combine the cream or half-and-half and the eggs. Whisk until combined thoroughly. Add the salt and the nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
2. Rules: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Evenly distribute the pie fillings in the pie crust. Do not overfill the crust with the filling ingredients. Do not pour too much royale into the crust. The eggs will expand upon cooking. Bake the pie until it is firm to the touch like set Jell-O, about 45 minutes. Cool the pie for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
3. Top with your choice of 13 Stars Hot Sauce
- Make sure excess water is removed from cooked vegetables (like roasted peppers etc.) to ensure a firmer more enjoyable quiche