Vegan Mango Chickpea Curry
Perfect with Tango Mango - Sweet juicy mango, hearty chickpeas, in a coconut milk sauce infused with aromatic Thai yellow curry.
- 1 tablespoon light oil, (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 13 Stars Tango Mango, to taste
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 400ml can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 19oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 2 cups cooked)
- 2 cups mango chunks, (2 large mangoes) fresh or frozen
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- Cooked rice for serving
In a large skillet or pot heat the oil over medium-high heat. When hot add the onion and red pepper and saute until the onions turn translucent and begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the yellow curry paste, garlic, Tango Mango and ginger and cook for an additional minute while stirring. Now add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, chickpeas, mango chunks and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 - 15 minutes until the sauce has reduced a bit. Garnish with cilantro and serve with cooked rice.
- Feel free to tone up the spices in the base recipe with hot chili peppers along with red peppers and onions