Perfect with Mean Green - A easy addition to most recipes (whether food or drink) Mean Green makes it easy to add a ton of flavor with minimal effort. When a recipe calls for jalapenos just pour some Mean Green on there!
Makes 1 Drink.
- Kosher salt and a lime wedge to rim the glass
- 2 ounces silver tequila about 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice about 1 large or 1 1/2 small limes; do not use bottled lime juice, as it will have a very off flavor
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice about 1/2 small/medium orange
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light agave nectar add 2 if you prefer a sweeter margarita
- 1/4 to 1/2 jalapeño pepper cut into thin, round slices (use more for more spice)
- Lime wedges additional jalapeño slices for serving
- Mean Green, to taste
Rim the glass: Pour a thin layer of salt onto a small plate. Rub a lime wedge around the top edge of your glass to moisten it, then dip the glass into the salt so that it sticks, tapping all the way around. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
Fill a small cocktail shaker with additional ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, agave, Mean Green, and jalapeño slices. Tightly close and shake vigorously for 30 seconds (it's longer than you think). Strain into the rimmed glass. Enjoy immediately, garnished with lime wedges and additional jalapeño slices.
- This drink is best served immediately BUT it can be stored before hand for up to a day. Just make sure to re-shake the bottle prior to consuming