Perfect with Mean Green - Insanely tasty and easy to make; the white bean chili captures the cross-section of healthy, affordable, and down-right filling.
- 3 lbs boneless, Chicken Thighs
- 2 x 15oz cans of Great Northern Beans
- 2 x 15oz cans of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 10oz can of Green Chilies
- 15oz can of Fire Roasted Corn
- 6 (or more!) Jalapeños, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Mean Green, to taste
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- Slow cooker
- Cutting Board
- Can Opener
- Cut your chicken breasts into equal sized pieces (approximately 3 inch chunks) and place into the slow cooker. TIP: Season your chicken now with the cumin, cayenne, pepper and salt to ensure no part of the chicken is flavorless
- Add the beans, diced tomatoes, green chilies, corn, and chopped Jalapenos to the slow cooker.
- Season all the ingredients (if you haven't already) and mix around the ingredients so they can get to know each other
- Cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high
- Once chicken is fully cooked through, turn your slow cooker on the warm setting and fish out all of the chicken from the slow cooker and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and put the chicken back into the slow cooker
- Serve immediately with a healthy serving of Mean Green
- Other garnishes include sliced Jalapenos, Cilantro, and Sour Cream
- There are several ingredients you can substitute out for their counterparts:
- Boneless, Chicken thighs > Boneless, Chicken Breast
- Canned White Beans > Bagged, Great Northern Beans
- Sour Cream > Greek Yogurt
- If your like firmer corn you can add the corn in later when you take the chicken out to shred it
- Season your chicken before placing any ingredients in the slow cooker with the cumin, cayenne, and salt to ensure no part of the chicken is flavorless
- Use gloves when slicing your jalapenos to avoid burning hands!