Perfect with Big Red One. The healthier version of the classic restaurant combo is easily made in minutes. Combine it with the homemade tartar sauce and you have a 1-2 punch.
- 1 pound cod fillet cut into strips
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Large egg beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Big Red One
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Tartar sauce for serving
- Lemon wedges for serving
- 1 cup real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup dill pickles finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dill fresh or frozen, OR 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp. onion finely chopped, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the flour with the paprika, garlic powder and salt. Place the beaten egg & Big Red One mixture in another bowl and the panko breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Pat the fish dry using a paper towel. Dredge the fish in the flour mixture, then the egg and finally the panko breadcrumbs, pressing down lightly until the crumbs stick. Spray both sides with oil.
- For the air fryer, air fry at 400F. Until about for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through until crispy and lightly golden.
- Open basket and check for desired doneness with a fork to see if it flakes off easily. You can return the fish for another 1 or 2 minutes as necessary.
- Serve immediately with fries and tartar sauce, if desired.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add more lemon juice or pickles if desired.
- Ensure you dry the fish because if you don't you will be left with a less than crispy outside of the fish.