Perfect with Big Red One. Sean’s go-to hangover ‘cure’. Made extra spicy and with Tomato Vodka. How could you go wrong?
- 1 ¾ pounds cherry or grape tomatoes, rinsed & dried
- Big Red One, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 olives (black or green)
- 3 garlic cloves
- Olive brine, to taste (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces tomato vodka, recipe follows
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes
- 1 (750 ml) bottle 80 proof Vodka
- Blender or Food Processor
- Ice Cube Tray
- Remove stems from the tomatoes. Put the tomatoes, Big Red One, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, olives, and (optional) olive brine into a blender, cover and blend on high speed for 1.5 minutes
- Fill an ice cube tray with about 2 cups of the juice and freeze overnight. Pour the remaining juice into a lidded container and reserve on the counter overnight.
- Just before serving, put 3 frozen cubes into each of the 4 Collins glasses and add 1 1/2 ounces of vodka to each glass. Stir the reserved juice, pour 4 ounces into each glass and serve immediately.
- Cut each of the tomatoes into 8 pieces and put them into a large glass jar. Add the vodka, stir to combine, and cover. Put in a cool, dark place for at least 5 days and up to 7 days, stirring every day. After 7 days, strain through a fine mesh strainer and discard the solids.
- To store, pour the tomato vodka back into its original bottle, and keep in a cool, dark place.
- Feel free to replace the kosher salt with celery salt
- If the texture is too thick for you add some water to the mixture
- The tomato vodka is optional BUT highly, highly recommended
- Garnish it whatever you want! We recommend bacon (as always)