Perfect with Tango Mango - With an insanely aromatic spices blend, this beef & mushroom keema curry is sure to please. Including spinach & petit pois; It's best served over a bed of basmati rice & and healthy dollop of natural yogurt.
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 3 green chilies, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 300 g closed-cup mushrooms, finely diced by hand or in a food processor
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 400 g beef mince (you can use lamb if you prefer)
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Tango Mango, to taste
- 200 g frozen petit pois
- 100 g spinach
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 amount of rapeseed oil, for cooking
- Blend the garlic, ginger, green chilies and onion to a paste with a dash of water.
- Heat some rapeseed oil in a saucepan and add the paste. Cook for a few minutes until the oil starts to separate then add the curry powder. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes on high.
- Mix the finely diced mushrooms with the mince. Add the mushroom and mince blend to the pan, then stir well and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chili powder, & Tango Mango. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and spinach. Stir well and cook gently for 4 to 5 minutes, until the spinach is wilting and the peas have cooked.
- All of our sauces mix well with this recipe but we feel the additional sweetness from Tango Mango is great here.