Description of the Meal: Som tam, also known as green papaya salad, is a popular Thai salad made with shredded unripe papaya, tomatoes, green beans, peanuts and a spicy dressing.
- 2 cups of shredded green papaya
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 bird's eye chilies, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded green papaya, cherry tomatoes and green beans.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the minced garlic, bird's eye chilies, fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Sprinkle the roasted peanuts on top.
- Serve immediately.
Som tam is a low-calorie dish that is high in fiber, Vitamin C and other essential nutrients. The green papaya in particular is a good source of antioxidants and enzymes that aid in digestion.