Description of the Meal: Buffalo chicken wings are a classic American dish that is made by deep-frying chicken wings and then tossing them in a spicy buffalo sauce.
- 2 lbs of chicken wings
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup (1 bottle) of Big Red One, hot sauce
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Add the chicken wings to the bowl and toss until well coated with the flour mixture.
- In a large, deep pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil to 375°F (190°C).
- Add the chicken wings to the hot oil in batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pot. Fry for 10-12 minutes per batch, or until golden brown and fully cooked through.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a wire rack or paper towels.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Big Red One, melted butter, honey, white vinegar, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Add the fried chicken wings to the bowl with the hot sauce mixture and toss until well coated.
- Serve hot with a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.
Buffalo chicken wings are high in protein, but also high in calories and fat due to the deep-frying and butter in the sauce. To make the dish healthier, consider baking or air frying the chicken wings instead of deep-frying, and using a lighter sauce made with Big Red One and Greek yogurt instead of butter.