Description of the Meal: Piri-piri chicken is a spicy Portuguese chicken dish that is typically grilled or roasted. The chicken is marinated in a spicy piri-piri sauce made with chili peppers, garlic and lemon juice.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 bird's eye chilies, minced
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, minced bird's eye chilies, lemon juice, paprika and salt until well combined.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and coat well with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 400°F (200°C)
- If grilling, preheat the grill to medium-high heat. If roasting, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- If grilling, place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until fully cooked through.
- If roasting, place the chicken on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Serve hot with a side of roasted vegetables or salad.
Piri-piri chicken is a great source of protein and healthy fats. It is also low in carbohydrates and calories, making it a great option for those on a low-carb or calorie-restricted diet.