Perfect with Big Red One - Bulgogi, literally means "fire meat"; Derived from Korean cuisine this Korean BBQ beef is insanely flavorful and easy to make. Combined with shredded veggies, brown rice, & hot sauce you have a great protein packed dinner.
- 300 g rib-eye steak, sliced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Big Red One
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 15 g ginger, finely diced
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided into two
- 500 g cooked rice
- 0.5 cucumber, sliced
- 60 g shredded carrots
- 2 fried eggs
- 2 pinches sesame seeds, to garnish
- Combine the oyster sauce, Big Red One, cornflour, egg, black pepper, light soy sauce and sesame oil to create a marinade for the beef.
- Add to the beef and marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. (Tip: Give the beef a good rub. You can wear a glove and mix in a circular motion to massage in the marinade and tenderise the beef.)
- Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a hot pan over medium-high heat. Add marinated beef into the pan and stir-fry for about 6 minutes until it is cooked through. Transfer from the pan to a bowl.
- With the same pan, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil over a medium heat. Add the onions and ginger and stir-fry them for 2–3 minutes until the onions are softened.
- Add the cooked beef back in and give it a quick stir until it is reheated and mixed well.
- Cook the brown rice as per pack instructions. Divide the rice into two bowls then add the beef, cucumber and carrots and top with a fried egg. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
- You can top it with any of our sauces and still be able to enjoy all the great flavors of the beef